Wednesday 12 February 2014

Tur-Bus gotcha!

If you are travelling from Santiago using Tur-Bus in 'Salon Cama', make sure you don't get caught out as I did.

I was travelling from 'Terminal Santiago' near the metro stop 'Universidad de Santiago' (which shouldn't be confused with 'Universidad de Chile' or 'Universidad Catolica' ... it's 'Universidad de Santiago'! After making that mistake myself I eventually found myself at the right terminal, however I hadn't finished making mistakes for the night.

This is where I can offer you a little advice. If you buy a ticket from Tur-Bus in 'Salon Cama', check if the journey is not being carried out by another operator in behalf of Tur-Bus. I went to the Tur-Bus terminal and missed my bus that was actually being operated by 'Condor Bus', in the terminal next door.

The way to tell is by ignoring the fact that the ticket they give you has Tur-Bus written all over the back of it, and check the top of your ticket on the side where your seat number is stated. If it's being run by Condor Bus, you will see their logo:

No comments:

Post a Comment